[Gluster-users] Newbie questions :-)
philipp.huber68 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 4 18:09:36 UTC 2009
My first post, so sorry if it is something that was covered before. I read
quite a bit of the documentation and archived posts, but couldn't find the
1) Can I configure GlusterFS so it can withstand a complete 'brick'
failure without users loosing access to their data?
2) If Yes, can I configure how many redundant copies of the files are
store, e.g. 2x, 3x?
3) Can I control the amount of replication per user?
4) Is it correct to assume that after a failed 'brick' comes back
online, the auto-heal functionality will take care of the re-sync'ing?
5) As GlusterFS stores Metadata along with the normal data, what is the
capacity overhead in %?
Any feedback is hugely appreciated.
More information about the Gluster-users