[Gluster-users] feature question

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Fri Sep 4 15:07:06 UTC 2009

Hello all,

after testing around in real world scenarios we found it would be a great
feature if glusterfs could cache whole files that are read-only opened (or
rw-opened and not modified) on the clients. We have lots of setups with small
to medium size config files that have to be read through every few minutes -
and almost never change. Simple timestamp comparison would probably be enough
to decide whether some file has to be transmitted again or if the cached
version is up-to-date.
Is it currently possible to create a setup like this?
Would this be a neat future feature?

Stephan