[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Slow Performance In One Direction

Jeffery Soo js at realtechtalk.com
Mon Oct 26 23:55:35 UTC 2009

Here's my setup. I have 2 servers with the exact hardware and OS
configuration.
Each server is also a client.  I've tried to do a "DRBD" style setup
using GlusterFS.

Let's say I have gluserfs mounted on /mnt/gluster

On Remote 1's shell I issue this command:

cp /mnt/gluster/test1000mbfile /mnt/gluster/test100mbfile--

The transfer rate to Server 2 reaches about 30-40 MB/s.

The problem is if I do this same thing on Server 2, the transfer rate to
Server 1 is only about 10-15 MB/s
Does anyone have any idea what is causing the slow performance from
Server 2 to Server 1?

Server 2 is capable of sending at 40MB/s to Server 1 in an SCP transfer,
so I've ruled out network or hardware issues.

Both servers have the same glusterfsd.vol and glusterfs.vol files:

Client File:

  1: volume remote1
  2:   type protocol/client
  3:   option transport-type tcp