[Gluster-users] Startup Error messages

lakshmi pathi lakshmipathi.g at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 07:55:04 UTC 2009

Sorry for the delay.
> Have checked the file is present in /etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol.
I don't have the file under /etc/glusterfs .So I created an empty file ,
by running command "touch /etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol"

Now getting these messages,

/etc/init.d/glusterfsd start
Starting glusterfsd:
syntax error in line 1: ""
(allowed tokens are 'volume', 'type', 'subvolumes', 'option', 'end-volume')
error in parsing volume file /etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol
exiting

I have installed glusterfs from source code.
Although it shows these error messages,I can mount server directories
on client machine.

I would like to start glusterfs services without these error messages.

--
Cheers,
Lakshmipathi.G