[Gluster-users] replication problems

Adrian Moisey adrian at careerjunction.co.za
Thu Oct 1 08:30:30 UTC 2009

>> Yes, I have 2 servers and 2 clients.
>>
>> I have 1 client connecting to both servers and another client connecting
>> to both servers.
>> Both clients configs are exactly the same
>>
>> If server1 goes down, client1 breaks (as per my mail below), client1
>> doesn't just continue working on server2.
>
> Have you tried playing with the transport-timeout option in the client
> section ?  Try setting this to something low, like 5 seconds, just to see.
>
> http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Translators_options#protocol.2Fclient

I tried that, still broke.

I think I've fixed it though...

When I stop the brick, I use init:
/etc/init.d/glusterfs-server stop

I tried killing the process myself (by killing the PID) and my mount is
still fine :)

My guess is the init script doesn't stop only the daemon.

--
Adrian Moisey
Systems Designer | CareerJunction | Better jobs. More often.
Web: www.careerjunction.co.za | Email: adrian at careerjunction.co.za
Phone: +27 21 818 8621 | Mobile: +27 82 858 7830 | Fax: +27 21 818 8855