[Gluster-users] missing files

Jeremy Enos jenos at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 4 07:31:30 UTC 2009

Hi-
I've got a problem where certain batches of files written out to gluster
have disappeared.  Also, newly created files sometimes don't show up to
ls unless they are explicitly specified to ls and other tools.

In my export folder, everything appears fine.

I have found that when I touch the missing file in gluster, it comes
back, shows a file size, but appears empty.  I've tried umounting,
restarting all glusterfsds, remounting, and it stayed the same.  Also,
this problem did not show up immediately after setting up the
filesystem, at least during basic tests.  Any ideas?

My config:
Fedora Core 10 x64
Infiniband transport to most hosts.
2 5 host raid0 configs with one raid1 over the top of them.
10 TB total, 5 TB effective.

thx-

    Jeremy