[Gluster-users] Big storage]

cnr cnr.roxx at gmail.com
Thu May 14 06:27:05 UTC 2009

Hello!

m.c.wilkins at massey.ac.nz pisze:
>>> "transport endpoint not connected" after few minutes of usage ;/
>>>
>> I suggest you upgrade to 2.0.0 as all the known timeout and
>> disconnection issues have been fixed.
>
> you can also put 'option ping-timeout 120' in your volumn definitions,
> eg.
>
> volume whatever
>   type protocol/client
>   option transport-type tcp
>   option remote-host remotehostname
>   option remote-subvolume brick0
>   option ping-timeout 120
> end-volume

Thank You for advice. It work perfect for me. I'm just testing 2.0.0 on
2 boxes as servers with 'replicate translator' and on 100Mb ethernet.

One of boxes were getting frozen after about 12-24 hours of bonnie++
tests with various error communicates (cluster as a whole were working).

Now with 'option ping-timeout 120' all boxes are running third day of
continous bonnie++ test.

konrad szeromski