[Gluster-users] Distrbute AFR Storage

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Sat Mar 28 10:51:55 UTC 2009

2009/3/28 Simon Liang <simonl at bigair.net.au>

>  Well currently I've got 4 servers set up.
>         |- ServerA -AFR-> ServerB
> Client -|
>         |- ServerC -AFR-> ServerD
>
> I keep copying the same 1GB file to the storage, but it always writes to
> ServerC no matter what I do. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Add
> scheduler?

My understanding is that distribute uses a hash to do the distribution.  So,
if you copy the same file, you will get the same result every time; that is,
it will go to the same server every time.  Hashing is deterministic in that
sense.  Vikas or someone else may clarify if I have things wrong here....

Sean