[Gluster-users] Single server (NAS) and gluster advantages

Io Noci ionoci at webchillaz.de
Tue Mar 24 19:11:35 UTC 2009

i'm not sure wether i got everything right. you are using glusterfs as a
substitute for nfs. if you are using it on infiniband, then you probably
could get some performance with combining io-threads, write-behind and
as many raid-5 partitions the controller could handle. on ethernet i
thing glusterfs isnt yet fast enough for io-killers, but probably it
could be performing better than nfs using perfomance-translators on the
client side.

Io Noci