[Gluster-users] fuse-2.7.3glfs10 - Ubuntu compilation problem.

Harshavardhana harsha at zresearch.com
Thu Mar 19 11:12:23 UTC 2009

Konstantin,

     It depends on what you want, it is not a defacto for using GlusterFS.
     But yes fuse kernel module patched by us has currently some features.

     * Read performance (read pages per request)
     * Inode blocksize, read ahead pages.
     * flock support.
     * O_DIRECT with open ().

     Now the situation is we only maintain patches by backporting our fixes
to the stock releases from the actual fuse project. Now that ubuntu has its
own fuse patches makes it difficult to backport and maintain it.

     Solution
     * use the fuse module provided by ubuntu.
     * download kernel from kernel.org and compile the patched fuse module
        against it.

NOTE: In Recent kernels fuse module doesn't build with the source tarball
release. Fuse should be compiled with the kernel itself. (Excerpts from
fuse-devel mailing list)

Regards
--
Harshavardhana