[Gluster-users] How can I mount glusterfs-1.3 and glusterfs-2.0 simultaneously?

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Tue Mar 17 21:02:53 UTC 2009

Yes, using different '--prefix' is the right way to have multiple versions.
Thats the way our QA team keeps multiple versions installed to run quick
tests with specific version.

About /sbin/mount.glusterfs and init scripts, those are the system
requirement to be put at that place, (and not anywhere else). If one is so
keen on keeping mount.glusterfs of old version too, then rename it to
'/sbin/mount.glusterfs.<version>' and use mount -t glusterfs.<version>
instead of just glusterfs in the type you use. So, it works fine.

Regards,

2009/3/16 Cory Meyer <cory.meyer at gmail.com>

> In testing I run multiple versions of GlusterFS by running ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local/glusterfs-?.?.? with ?.?.? being the version.   The only
> issue that I've seen is that no matter what the prefix is defined as
> /sbin/mount.glusterfs and /etc/init.d/glusterfs-server are still installed
> over writing any previous versions.
>

> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Kirby Zhou <kirbyzhou at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  How can I mount glusterfs-1.3 and glusterfs-2.0 simultaneously?
>>

>> They two has the same soname libglusterfs.so, so conflict happens.

Amar Tumballi