[Gluster-users] AFR simple setup and not working?

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Tue Mar 17 19:39:24 UTC 2009

At 06:48 AM 3/17/2009, Pathiakis, Paul wrote:
>OK, further information.  I mounted the empty directory /a/foo.  I then
>started up glusterfsd -f simpleafr /mnt/foo --debug
>
>At that point, I tar'd everything into the directory.  Things started
>flying by in the logs as each file was loaded into /mnt/foo.  They
>nicely appeared in /a/foo.  I'm assuming this is information is now
>under gluster control, correct?

that sounds correct

>Now, how do I get the replication between servers to work?
>
>Should I use the same command line to get the information on the other
>side?  That is, mounting the /a/foo directory through FUSE onto
>/mnt/foo?

well. I suppose you might have /b/foo?  but in any case, on the other
node mount onto /mnt/foo

then on node A, run "ls -lR /mnt/foo"
you should see messages that it's sourcing file to remote node.

in the remote node, you should start seeing your files there.

>This seems to be where I should be going, but this is not as simple as
>I, initially, thought.

once you see it all working it'll feel very simple, but it can take a
moment to wrap your head around everything.