[Gluster-users] Accessing the host glusterFS directory from OpenVZ virtual server

Stas Oskin stas.oskin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:11:53 UTC 2009

> A disk partition should be accessed through the same posix-locks
> subvolume. That is the condition to be met. This restriction is so
> that processes use the same locking translator.

Perhaps the VM, if it can access the host machine partition, will use the
locking translator automatically via host FUSE?

> Can a virtual machine mount a partition that is already mounted by a
> host OS? Any idea?

I think we should ask the list about this. Xen can, but I'm not so sure
about OpenVZ.

The main benefit for this approach I think, will be saving the localhost
routing done by host machine, which would translate to saving CPU cycles.