[Gluster-users] GlusterFS running, but not syncing is done

Stas Oskin stas.oskin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 12:09:09 UTC 2009

Hi.

> Was it working for your previously? Any other error logs on machine
> with afr? what version are you using? If it was working previously
> what changed in your setup recently? Can you paste your vol files
> (just to be sure)

Nope, it actually my first setup in lab. No errors - it just seems as not
synchronizing anything. The version I'm using is the latest one - 2 rc2.

Perhaps I need to modify anything else in addition to GlusterFS installation
- like file-systems attributes or something?

The approach I'm using is the one that was recommended by Kieth over direct
emails (Keith, hope you don't mind me posting them :) ).
The idea is basically to have single vol file both for client and for
server, and to have one glusterfs process doing the job both as client and
as server.

Thanks for the help.

Server 1:
volume home1
 type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
 option directory /media/storage        # Export this directory
end-volume

volume posix-locks-home1
 type features/posix-locks
 option mandatory-locks on
 subvolumes home1
end-volume

## Reference volume "home2" from remote server
volume home2
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 192.168.253.42      # IP address of remote host
 option remote-subvolume posix-locks-home1     # use home1 on remote host
 option transport-timeout 10           # value in seconds; it should be set
relatively low
end-volume

### Add network serving capability to above home.
volume server
 type protocol/server
 option transport-type tcp
 subvolumes posix-locks-home1
 option auth.addr.posix-locks-home1.allow 192.168.253.42,127.0.0.1 # Allow
access to "home1" volume
end-volume

### Create automatic file replication
volume home
 type cluster/afr
 option metadata-self-heal on
 option read-subvolume posix-locks-home1
#  option favorite-child home2
 subvolumes home2 posix-locks-home1
end-volume

Server 2:

volume home1
 type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
 option directory /media/storage        # Export this directory
end-volume

volume posix-locks-home1
 type features/posix-locks
 option mandatory-locks on
 subvolumes home1
end-volume

## Reference volume "home2" from remote server
volume home2
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 192.168.253.41      # IP address of remote host
 option remote-subvolume posix-locks-home1     # use home1 on remote host
 option transport-timeout 10           # value in seconds; it should be set
relatively low
end-volume

### Add network serving capability to above home.
volume server
 type protocol/server
 option transport-type tcp
 subvolumes posix-locks-home1
 option auth.addr.posix-locks-home1.allow 192.168.253.41,127.0.0.1 # Allow