[Gluster-users] mounting glusterfs on /etc/mtab read only

Enno Lange Enno.Lange at iem.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Mar 8 13:05:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

we running a cluster of diskless gentoo-systems. Therefore, /etc/mtab is
linked to /proc/mounts as usual. Trying to mount a glusterfs fails
because mtab is not writable. Is there by any chance a way to pass '-n'
or something equivalent to the underlying mount -t fuse process?

The actual workaround we deployed is to link /etc/mtab to a local file
on a scratch partition, which in my opinion is quite unsatisfying: The
mount process will succeed but the mounted fs will not appear in the
linked /etc/mtab.

Enno Lange