[Gluster-users] extended attributes of the backend file system question

Amar Tumballi (bulde) amar at gluster.com
Wed Mar 4 06:06:33 UTC 2009

GlusterFS needs extended attribute in 'trusted.xxxxx' domain, hence the
user_xattr should not matter. Also, we have disabled 'acl' support as of
now, as it had some bugs which showed up if we enable it.

The posix translator (the one which exports the backend directory to
glusterfs/fuse) has a check to verify extended attributes. If its not
supported, it will fail to initiate. So, if your glusterfsd process starts
fine, that means you can use replicate in glusterfs.

Regards,
Amar

2009/3/3 eagleeyes <eagleeyes at 126.com>

>  Hello
>    If i use Replicate ,it is requiring
> extended attributes of the backend file system so i  modified /etc/fstab
>
> LABEL=/data               /data                 ext3     defaults,user_xattr,acl        1 2
>
>    Is this right ? How  can i validate it ?
>
>    Thanks
>

> 2009-03-04

Amar Tumballi