[Gluster-users] GlusterFS production stability

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Tue Mar 3 09:54:09 UTC 2009

Stas Oskin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I wanted to ask - how stable GlusterFS is for production?
>
> That because on side of successes, I see a lot of issues reporting, even
> people announcing rollback to other solution.
>
> This only a question we asked ourselves infrastructure planning - not an
> intention to show any disrespect to developers hard work :).

Hello,

Well, to be fair, if you're reading support forums / mailing lists,
you're not going to get a balanced view of how anything is implemented
in the wild.  Very few people, if any, will post to a support list to
say "everything works fine!" - in fact, that would be quite odd.

In answer to your question, i currently have a client-side AFR
deployment running 2.0rc1 that is humming along quite nicely.  :)

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>