[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Virtual Storage for Red Hat Virtualization

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at gluster.com
Tue Jun 30 10:22:07 UTC 2009

Red Hat's enterprise virtualization management is built on ovirt (ovirt.org)
libvirt (libvirt.org) and default kvm (linux-kvm). It is in beta stage, but usable.
We have integrated GlusterFS into this project. It is fairly easy to install.
Give it a try and let us know your feedback at dl-ovirt(at)gluster.com.

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_oVirt_Setup_Guide

GlusterFS RPMs in this repository has fixes for poor mmap write performance.
It uses fuse-2.8 big-writes ability. Next 2.0.3 release of GlusterFS scheduled
for this week will have this improvement included by default.

We will include a series of improvements towards virtual machine implementations
in the upcoming releases of GlusterFS (such as background healing, incremental block
level healing of large files, persistent open across system-reboots). Your feedback is
crucial.

Happy Hacking,
--
Anand Babu Periasamy