[Gluster-users] glusterFS patched FUSE of kernel module?

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 06:43:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

Again it's not possible to compile the patched FUSE on gluster.org
against newest linux kernels, and the question came up: why isn't
there a patch against the kernel tree's FUSE? It seems to be much
newer, and would obviously compile against the kernel.

Another question is due to my lack of knowledge of the reasons behind:
why is it required to patch FUSE at all? Why aren't these changes in
the FUSE main code itself? If it's a special case (as I guess it
shouldn't be) why isn't it controlled by a fuse module switch instead?
Isn't that possible?

If this discussion already has been through please point me to it
because I wasn't able to find.

Thanks.
--
 byte-byte,