[Gluster-users] Fwd: Self-healing fails to create missing directories (2.0.1)

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Fri Jun 19 09:25:56 UTC 2009

----- "Ville Tuulos" <tuulos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not a single file is synced to the recovered node but I can read the
> files ok from other replicas. However, if I create the missing
> directories manually in the data directory, the files get synced
> correctly.
>
> A nasty implication of this bug is that when I create a new file in
> the directory hierarchy, its replication fails on the recovered node
> due to the missing directories and I end up getting fewer replicas of
> the file than what I have specified in the volume config. The failure
> happens silently as I can still read the file from other replicas, so
> I might silently lose all my replicas without any sign until the last
> replica fails.
>
> Is this a known issue and are there any workarounds?

Did you delete and re-create the data directory for the first subvolume? If so,
this is what might be happening in your case:

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Understanding_AFR_Translator#Self-heal_of_a_file_that_does_not_exist_on_the_first_subvolume

Vikas
--
Engineer - http://gluster.com/

A: Because it messes up the way people read text.
Q: Why is a top-posting such a bad thing?