[Gluster-users] Glusterfs client stops

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Tue Jun 16 11:27:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 03:29:46 -0500 (CDT)
Vikas Gorur <vikas at gluster.com> wrote:

> ----- "Paras Fadte" <plfgoa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Vikas,
> >
> > Yes the server process "glusterfsd" runs . I have encountered it
> > couple of times over 4 days period of running the glusterfs setup. I
> > also happen to see error shown below in logs even though "glsuterfsd"
> > is running.
>
> The logs show that the client sent a "ping" and did not get a reply back
> with a specified period and disconnected. Hence you saw the error while the client was
> reconnecting. It could be a network or server load issue. I suggest that you
> run it a little while longer and if you keep seeing the error then get back to us.
>
> Vikas

Hopefully you do not disconnect after one lost "ping". Unfortunately one can
experience some lost packets over the day. There is few you can do about it.
Some are lost because of real disconnects but most are just glitches in
switches and network drivers. Are these real tcp disconnects/timeouts?

Stephan