[Gluster-users] Gluster in HTTP cluster

Brian Koloszyc brian at creativemerch.com
Tue Jul 28 21:32:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am in the process of building out a sandbox glusterFS environment in Amazon's EC2 cloud.  I have successfully configured the NFS clone, but I'm looking to transition over to gluster in order to get away from NFS in the first place.

Our desired configuration would be to have x number of web slaves, each having a local attached device for storage, with replication enabled between all 4 attached devices in order to keep dynamically generated content in sync.

Can someone point me in the direction of the correct config for this?

I've read over this:
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Translators

I'm a bit confused.  Is it even possible to have the client always read/write to the local disk?   Or will each client round robin between gluster server storage?  My concern is that we want optimal read/write times (nfs is too slow), and we are worried that the tcp connection times will be as slow as nfs.

Thanks,

--Brian.