[Gluster-users] Xen - Backend or Frontend or Both?

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Wed Jul 29 21:46:31 UTC 2009

I have 6 boxes with a client config (see below) across 6 boxes. I am using
distribute across 3 replicate pairs. Since I am running xen I need to
disable-direct-io and that slows things down quite a bit. My thought was
to move the replicate / distribute to the backend server config so that
self heal can happen on faster backend rather then frontend client with
disable-direct-io.

Does this make sense? I would think that it would speed up self-heal
operations quite a bit.

Also, is it possible to use both? Could you replicate / distribute on the
server side AND on the client side using the same raw volumes?

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com