[Gluster-users] 2.0.3

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Mon Jul 13 13:52:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:05:03 -0500 (CDT)
Vikas Gorur <vikas at gluster.com> wrote:

> ----- "Stephan von Krawczynski" <skraw at ithnet.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry to say that. But if I rsync the trees they end up with _correct_
> > (i.e. identical) timestamp displayed at standard "ls".
> > Whereas using self-heal shows different timestamps on "ls".
> > This at least proves that the stamps I mean are settable by user-space
> > tools (like rsync).
>
> Please clarify what you mean by "timestamp". As you know, there are
> three timestamp values, not one. And by "different", do you mean
> the timestamps are different on different servers, or that mtime and ctime
> are different on a single server?
>
> Vikas

Obviously we are talking about mtime, which is the standard output of "ls".
And we are talking about differing mtimes of directories on different servers
(namely two servers with replicate setup).
If you follow my step-by-step explanation from the previous email you will see
exactly the described problem.

Stephan