[Gluster-users] 2.0.3

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Mon Jul 13 11:26:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:42:45 -0500 (CDT)
Vikas Gorur <vikas at gluster.com> wrote:

> ----- "Stephan von Krawczynski" <skraw at ithnet.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > we are running tests with 2.0.3 currently. After 24h the only critics
> > left from our side is the timestamps of self-healed directories are still
> > not synced correctly.
>
> This bug has been fixed in the repository and is also in the 2.0.4
> release.

Hello,

this bug is _not_ fixed in 2.0.4. We just tried and the problem stays the same.
All you have to do to reproduce is:
- take 2 servers with replicate
- copy data (with directories) onto first servers glusterfs exported dir.
- do ls -lR on client, self healing on second server starts.
- when self-healing is done look at second servers exported dir.
find all healed directories with current timestamp from healing and not with
timestamp from original on first server.
If you do ls -lR later on the client you will find that even the client shows
wrong timestamps now and then on the directories, obviously because the stamps
do not match on both replicate servers. So you can state that healing is in
fact broken because timestamp dependant operations will get confused.

Stephan