[Gluster-users] How to Extract File Location From fd_t

Amin Abbaspour abbaspour_amin at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 17:44:19 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I want to write a trace like translator with a limited FOP set just to notify if the file is modified or not (i.e. create, writev, unlink).

I want to log this information including modified file names into a file or DB and use another process for indexing.

My questions:

1. Is there any similar functionality in any of current xlators?

2. Is my FOP subset (mentioned above) correct or I have missed any other CUD (create, update, delete) operations?

3. If I write this module myself, I want to extend trace.c. Then in "trace_writev" I have fd in hand. How can I get this fd's file name?

4. If I do #3, will this cause multiple log for a single update operation? How can I notice that for example three last changes are for one update operation?

5. Should I ask all above in dev list? :)

I wish I could express my questions. Thanks for your help.

Amin Abbaspour