[Gluster-users] locally mountable cloudstore service?

Daniel Frith danfrith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:30:09 UTC 2009

Sorry for going slightly off-topic here, but this is the only place I
know with people knowledgeable in this area. I've come to the
conclusion that setting up and administrating something like GlusterFS
is probably currently beyond my skills. So I was wondering if anyone
knew of any services for "infinite" scalable cloud storage (like
Amazon S3) but that was locally mountable as a file system (so it can
easily be used with existing software).

There's plenty of cloud storage providers springing up, but most of
them use peculiar APIs or are only designed for small scale and
non-intensive backup purposes.