[Gluster-users] VM Images Over GlusterFS

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Wed Jan 21 09:27:28 UTC 2009

Alexander Atticus wrote:

> I am wondering if there is anyone on list that is successfully serving
> virtual machine images (Xen, KVM, VMWare, etc.) over GlusterFS.  I am
> concerned about difficulties the interaction with GlusterFS and large
> files that are held open for large periods of time (except when the VM
> is rebooted).

Afaik, VMWare won't recognize a Gluster mountpoint as a valid datastore.
  This isn't an issue with Gluster specifically, but rather with VMWare
generally ; Samba and NFS are the only network filesystems which work in
this capacity, with Samba being a relatively new addition at that.

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>