[Gluster-users] gluster ha/replication/disaster recover(dr translator) wish list

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Tue Jan 20 04:44:49 UTC 2009

At 12:42 AM 1/18/2009, Krishna Srinivas wrote:
>Keith,
>
>We had discussion about a translator with functionality similar to
>what you have described. We termed it as "backup" translator. i.e a
>translator which does delayed replication. This gives a better
>response for the application. We can make a lot of assumptions like
>the backup directory will not be written to when primary copy is up
>etc. We have not given too much thought on this as of now. Definitely
>it is in our minds too.

My guess is, it wouldn't be a huge deviation from the HA translator
as it will hopefully exist soon.

This would be wonderful for wide area replication over networks which
aren't always up.

or, just for doing nightly/weekly, etc.. backups on a schedule.

so, hopefully if it can make it into the roadmap, that'd be good, but
I realize these things all take time and working on this would mean
something else doesn't get done.