[Gluster-users] Missing files with unify 2.0.0rc1

Filipe Maia filipe at xray.bmc.uu.se
Sun Jan 18 14:12:57 UTC 2009

The problem is easily reproduced by creating a volume with a couple of
files and a symlink to a non existing file, and then exporting it
and  mounting it with unify starting with an empty namespace. Only
part of the files will be created in the namespace (all those that
readdir() returned before the dangling symlink). The problem can be
solved with the patch posted at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2009-01/msg00173.html
.
It only affects version 2.0 because in 1.3 the return value of the
chown that fails is not checked.

Filipe