[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS-1.4 to become GlusterFS-2.0

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed Jan 14 21:10:07 UTC 2009

Dan Parsons wrote:
> In my install of 1.4rc7, /sbin/mount.glusterfs is a simple shell script,
> and glusterfs is actually a symlink to glusterfsd. So, in short, I'd
> have to say that in 1.4rc7, yes, the client and server are one binary.

Oh, well mark that down to me not showing due diligence.

That's unfortunate, as that requires me to either build separate RPM
packages for client and server, or deal with required extra packages on
each platform that serve no purpose.

For example, I shouldn't need fuse on the server, and I shouldn't need
BDB or any other server only capability on the client.

It's not a large gripe, and I guess I can live with it how it is.

--

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks