[Gluster-users] Re :Performance of GlusterFs and NFS

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Mon Jan 12 13:27:04 UTC 2009

check back to some of the previous messages in this list about performance.
also, which version of Gluster you use makes a difference.

As for smaller block sizes being a performance issue, I think mostly
fuse is the problem with small block sizes.
I think 4K is what fuse' block size is?   SO I'm thinking that should
be ok for testing.

I also believe gluster 2.0 is much faster with smaller files than
1.3, so you should get better results with 2.0

if you benchmarked with 1.3, please try again with 2.0 and let us
know your results.