[Gluster-users] glusterfs alternative ? :P

Mickey Mazarick mic at digitaltadpole.com
Mon Jan 12 12:07:46 UTC 2009

Luster isn't Java it's actually a kernel patch (for the server at
least). I think the client goes through fuse now (it didn't last time I
tested it).
It's got similar speeds compared to gluster for a few nodes but depends
on fiberchannel or some other shared block storage system for
redundancy. We immediately discarded it in favor of gluster for this
reason. It was also significantly more difficult to get running as it
was a kernel patch.

-Mickey Mazarick