[Gluster-users] favorite-child and self-heal BUG ?

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Fri Jan 9 12:08:14 UTC 2009

At 03:19 AM 1/9/2009, artur.k wrote:
> > what I'm seeing in 1.4.0.patch-824 is the following:
> >
> > I removed a file from the underlying filesystem on server A.
> > I did an LS of the mounted filesystem on server a, and it was there,
> > I did a cat of the file and it was there.
> > but when I look for it in the underlying filesystem it's not there.
> > so, it knows it's not on the local volume, and it gets it from the
> > other server, but it doesn't auto-heal the file back?
> > this seems like a bug, but I defintiely didn't get the I/O error you saw.
> >
>I use:
>glusterfs 1.4.0rc7 built on Jan  7 2009 15:00:10
>Repository revision: glusterfs--mainline--3.0--patch-814

Just to help the devs out, could you try 2.0.0.qa1
http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/

I think this version fixes about 1/2 of your problem :)  but at least
they wont be trying to track down phantoms.

I'm going to re-try my test with this version and see what the
results are.  will report back if they're more successful