[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS-1.4 to become GlusterFS-2.0

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Mon Jan 5 21:09:35 UTC 2009

Anand Babu Periasamy wrote:
> 2.0.0rc1 will be available in a week. Before we call it 2.0.0, we want to
> to achieve the following:
> * Binary packages for GNU/Linux (rpm/deb), FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Solaris
> (server)

As for the RPM spec file, are you amenable to some alterations?  IMO it
would be preferable to build three packages instead of one,
glusterfs-common, glusterfs-client and glusterfs-server, following the
common way client/server packages are built in RHEL/CentOS.

I remember Matt's spec file used to be this way, but it looks like you
guys specifically changed it:

* Sat Apr 19 2008 Amar Tumballi <amar at zresearch.com> - 1.3.8pre6
- Merged common, client and server packages into one package.

Is there a reason for that?

Note:  I would rather any changes to the spec file NOT hold up 2.0, so
if you would rather hold off on this until after 2.0 (if you think it's
valid), please do so.

> * And most importantly the community blessing for 2.0 stable release.

You have mine.  :)

--

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks