[Gluster-users] automounting glusterfs on mac os

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Feb 6 14:19:06 UTC 2009

I have installed MacFUSE 2.1.5 (beta) and glusterfs-2.0rc1 on a PPC Xserve
running OSX 10.5.4.  Everything went smoothly and the system is working as
expected.  However, now I would like to automount glusterfs on the machine
(will be both client and server, for testing).  I have followed the
instructions here:

http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/wiki/AUTOMOUNTING

combined with those here:

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php?title=Mounting_a_GlusterFS_Volume&redirect=no

Unfortunately, I get this error:

bash-3.2# automount -c
automount: Mount for /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol has no host name

This is with an fstab entry that looks like this:

/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol  /mnt/glusterfs  glusterfs  defaults  0
0

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean