[Gluster-users] What is the best configuration for a compiling farm?

Francois Berenger berenger at riken.jp
Thu Dec 24 01:22:01 UTC 2009

Hello,

I plan to do a small compiling farm.
What would be the best architecture and mode to use?

Initially, I was planning to have one server (which is also
a client) and three other machines which are only clients.

I am asking myself if having all machines acting both as
client and server wouldn't be better.

What I want to avoid is that when a file is read from the server
the bandwidth is shared between clients to access this file.
I'd like to have clients possessing a file help the server to distribute
it to other nodes rather than having the server only serving files.
I don't know if this is the default behavior of GlusterFS.

The usage pattern would be like this I guess: all clients read almost
all files from the source tree, each client produce and write a few files.

Thank you,
Francois.