[Gluster-users] performance issue

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Mon Dec 21 15:53:01 UTC 2009

anthony garnier wrote:
> I have already increased the blocksize of my dd=....... and I got no change.
>
>> Hi anthony,
>>
>> Increase the block size to get better performance
>>
>> Regards
>> Raghavendra Bhat

Wait.. what ?  « Increase the block size to get better performance » ?
That may or may not work, but regardless of the outcome, it doesn't
actually prove or help anything.

If you have a standardised test which you can apply against numerous
test cases, and one of those test cases performs poorly, you don't just
change the test so that you get the results you want.

I mean, perhaps i'm missing something here, but this seems dubious at best.

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster at witbe.net>