[Gluster-users] performance issue

anthony garnier sokar6012 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 14:20:37 UTC 2009

Hi,
I just installed the last version of glusterfs 3.0 and I got really bad performance.
Here it is :
 # dd if=/dev/zero of=/users/glusterfs_mnt/sample bs=1k count=100000

This create a file of 100Mo and I got those results :
NFS = 75 Mo/s
Gluster=5,8Mo/s

I tried to change block size, change value of write behind parameters, to add Read Ahead translator, to remove all performance translator( and it's worst :\ ), try with afr translator ... but no change!

My configuration is : replicated and distributed (RAID 10 over network) on server side over 4 bricks, Giga Ethernet on all servers and clients

What kind of performance do you have? Is it normal?
I also tried to run a iostat test and it run during 24H of CPU time (3 days at all)....
Here my vol file of server and client computer :

# /etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol

volume posix
  type storage/posix
  option directory /users/gluster-data
end-volume

volume locks
  type features/locks
  subvolumes posix
end-volume

volume brick
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 8
  subvolumes locks
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server
  option auth.addr.brick.allow *
  subvolumes brick
end-volume
#/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol

volume brick1
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host       # IP address of the remote brick
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume brick2
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp
 option remote-host       # IP address of the remote brick
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume brick3
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp