[Gluster-users] Recommended GlusterFS configuration for 6 node cluster

phil cryer phil at cryer.us
Thu Dec 17 15:21:12 UTC 2009

Thanks Tejas
We have scanned biodiversity texts, so our aims are to have storage
capable of holding our full store of data (approx 24TB), and then as
we'll have everything in one place, be able to serve the data up via
standard HTTP calls.  Later we will look at doing syncs of the data
once we have other clusters up regionally, and globally for further
redudancy as well as providing better presetation for other parts of
the world.  So overall we just need to have a cluster that is
redundant and is able to serve files relatively quickly (some of the
scans are large, whereas the accompanying metadata files are small.
GlusterFS gives us this ability, something we've wanted for some time,
so this is amazing functioality for us to put into place.

Does this give you enough to go on?  If not, let me know, I appreciate
any/all suggestions.

http://philcryer.com