[Gluster-users] GlusterFS and Visual Effects

Todd Daugherty todd at veryheavy.se
Fri Dec 4 09:18:00 UTC 2009

The good folks at Side Effects pointed me in a direction that makes
the software work. The environment varible HOUDINI_BUFFEREDSAVE fixes
all.

Houdini files are cpio files (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cpio) So it
is my guess that cpio files do not work on GlusterFS. I will do some
more testing once time allows but it would interesting to know what
other have found in this area.

Todd