[Gluster-users] Gluster 2.x + NX Server

Ian Kelley ian.kelley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 21:50:44 UTC 2009

Hello All,

Does anyone have any idea why I am running into problems using a GlusterFS (2.x) mount for home directories on a client using AFR with NX Server?

It works fine for replicating files, and I can login with SSH to this home directory, and all works fine.  Yet, when using NX Server to connect (an X client) I get a failure if the users home directory is the Gluster Home.  With a localFS home, it works fine.

So, is there -any- difference between how the OS sees a Gluster Mount and a Normal Partition?   Could LDAP users play a role here?  As NX Server runs as nx user, and then SUIDs to the normal user.  However, files are written to the Gluster Partition (the error files from NX).

Any ideas are welcome,

Thanks!

-Ian