[Gluster-users] Mod_glusterfs for newbie

Tim Runion - System Administrator tdrunion at vsmedia.com
Wed Aug 19 04:41:53 UTC 2009

Hi all, I have been struggling getting mod_glusterfs setup. I have read
the mod_glusterfs howto page on the gluster doc site, however I have no
idea if the module is actually working.

Here is my environment:

Centos 5.3
Apache 2.2.10/PHP5 ( installed from source)
Glusterfs 2.0.4

I would like to see other's vol files and snippets from your httpd.conf
file to be able to compare. I have glusterfs mounted @ /homegfs with my
apache virtual host doc pointing in that location. When files are served
from there, I have either seen "forbidden" errors  or device not found
in the apache logs. I feel like I'm really close to solving the puzzle
but there seems to be very little documentation on the gluster site
involving mod_glusterfs. Is it really that easy to get setup that it
needs only a small page on mod_glusterfs?

Thanks,

Tim