[Gluster-users] Strange file permisson

NovA av.nova at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 10:54:13 UTC 2009

Hi!

These empty files with sticky bit are so called link-files. Their
extended attributes contains location of the server, where the real
file resides. These link-files are used by distribute translator, when
the actual location of a file differs from the location computed using
name hash ( see lookup-unhashed option ). This could happen if
GlusterFS installed over existing data or when number of servers
changed.

WBR,
  Andrey