[Gluster-users] Replication not working on server hang

David Saez Padros david at ols.es
Sun Aug 30 09:37:59 UTC 2009

Hi

> As far as I know, even mature projects like Apache have not
> bothered fixing such hangs (or even detecting this kind of underlying
> OS flaw).

that's right, but Apache is not a fault tolerant file system, in the
other hand some applications that face bugs in other apps have options
to workaround bugs in such applications (like dovecot has for some
outlook bugs). For a fault tolerant file sistem i would expect that
it can at least detect and handle any problem in any of the subsystems
involved.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       telf    +34 902 50 29 75