[Gluster-users] Another MySQL InnoDB locking issue: glusterfs2.0.6

Mekathotti, Sudhakar SMekathotti at cantor.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 15:38:46 UTC 2009

> Hello,
>
> Recently setup a 4 node replicated glusterfs. Trying to run mysql on
> it and coming across the following error.
>
> mysqld[28115]: InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another
> mysqld process
> mysqld[28115]: InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.
> mysqld[28115]: InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 11
>
> Exported filesystem is mounted on all 4 nodes.
> I've checked to make sure that there's no other instance running. I
> googled and found several others having issues with InnoDB on
> glusterfs, but couldn't find any solution. I would appreciate if you
> could take a quick look at the config files and see if there's
> anything I'm doing wrong. Configured using examples from gluster.org.
>
> Apologies for long config listing...pastebin is blocked at work!!
>
> Glusterfs: v 2.0.2-1 on Ubuntu server 9.04 x86_32  kernel: 2.6.28-14
> Fuse: 2.7.4-1
>
> /etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol:
>
> volume posix
>   type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
>   option directory /srv/export        # Export this directory
> end-volume
>
> volume locks
>   type features/locks
>   subvolumes posix
> end-volume
>
> volume brick
>   type performance/io-threads
>   option thread-count 8
>   subvolumes locks
> end-volume
>
> volume server
>   type protocol/server
>   option transport-type tcp
>   option auth.addr.brick.allow *
>   subvolumes brick
> end-volume
>
> /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol:
>
> volume remote1
>   type protocol/client
>   option transport-type tcp
>   option remote-host 192.168.1.2
>   option remote-subvolume brick
> end-volume
>
> volume remote2
>   type protocol/client
>   option transport-type tcp
>   option remote-host 192.168.1.3
>   option remote-subvolume brick
> end-volume
>
> volume remote3
>   type protocol/client
>   option transport-type tcp
>   option remote-host 192.168.1.4
>   option remote-subvolume brick
> end-volume
>
> volume remote4
>   type protocol/client
>   option transport-type tcp
>   option remote-host 192.168.1.5
>   option remote-subvolume brick
> end-volume
>
> volume replicate
>   type cluster/replicate
>   subvolumes remote1 remote2 remote3 remote4
> end-volume
>
> volume writebehind
>   type performance/write-behind
>   option window-size 1MB
>   subvolumes replicate
> [...]
CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments, if any, are confidential. If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender and immediately delete it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail message or disclose its contents to anybody else. Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its contents are the sole property of Cantor Fitzgerald and its affiliates.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We make no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).
Any prices or data contained herein are indicative and subject to change without notice; its accuracy is not guaranteed and should not be relied on.  Reliance may not be placed on trade confirmations issued other than by the Operations Department.
This e-mail was issued by Cantor Fitzgerald.  Cantor Fitzgerald Europe ("CFE") is regulated by the Financial Services Authority ("FSA"). CFE is an unlimited liability company incorporated under the laws of England  (company number 2505767) and VAT registration (number 577 406809). CFE's registered office is at 17 Crosswall, London EC3N 2LB. For any issues arising from this email please reply to the sender.
CFE appears on the FSA register under no 149380. The FSA register appears at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/. The FSA regulates the financial services industry in the United Kingdom and is located at 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HS.