[Gluster-users] Interesting experiment

Mickey Mazarick mic at digitaltadpole.com
Wed Aug 19 20:19:24 UTC 2009

Just a note we initially tried to set up our storage network with bonded
4 port gig E connections per client and storage node and it was still
~1/3 the speed of infiniband.  There also appears to be more overhead in
unwrapping data from packets even with jumbo frames set.

We did see about a 50% increase in throughput with 2 bonded gig ports,
but not double the speed that you would expect. Make sure you use a
trunking mechanism and not an active/passive configuration.

-Mic