[Gluster-users] 2.0.6

John Leach john at brightbox.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 16:21:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 18:22 +0200, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:01:46 +0200

> And, I forgot to mention: it took me around 1 hour of bonnie to crash a server
> in a classical distribute setup...
> Please stop featurism and start reliability.

Hi Stephan,

I just reviewed the GlusterFS commit logs for the release-2.0 branch and
*every single commit since Jul 17th has been a bug fix*, with a
reference to the bugzilla entry.

Practically all the commits before then through to May (where I gave up
looking) are also bugfixes, just without bugzilla references - I
couldn't find one serious new feature mentioned.

I'm not saying your problems aren't real, but the Z research folk do
seem to have been taking reliability seriously for a long time now.

John.
--
http://johnleach.co.uk
http://www.brightbox.co.uk