[Gluster-users] 2.0.6

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Tue Aug 18 22:37:18 UTC 2009

> [lots of flame by Steve]
> Steve

Dear Steve,

generally you are right. It would possibly be more helpful if I did a lot of
debug work and maybe even code some patches. But the simple truth is, I don't
have the spare time. So currently all I can do is to point at every single
release and post a message whether it is usable in production or not.
Unfortunately none of the releases are so far. I do think that this is a great
project, and I do think the coders have real problems. Why? Because the
problems I see are _easily_ reproducable in a very simple test bed they should
actually have their hands on if coding such a project.
2.0.6 does not simply core dump, it freezes the box (server side).
I have not told the crew to code something complex like glusterfs, they
decided to do it. I think it is only fair to point to the problems even if the
feedback is small, still it is at least some feedback.
I know it can be very annoying to only look after stability issues. But I will
not stop to tell them that, even at the risk of being flamed for it. And the
only reason for that is: it is worth it.

Stephan