[Gluster-users] bonnie hangs with glusterFS 2.0.4

Julien Cornuwel cornuwel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:37:29 UTC 2009

Le vendredi 07 août 2009 à 12:11 +0200, Julien Cornuwel a écrit :
> > I'm doing some performance tests with bonnie (1.03d) on GlusterFS 2.0.4
> > (Debian packages).
> >
> > Write tests went OK.
> > But on the rewrite test, bonnie seemed to hang. Load average dropped to
> > 0.00 on both nodes. Nothing in server or client logs.
> >
> > Any idea what could cause that ?

> Write performances are surprisingly high, better than local disks ! I
> guess writebehind translator is doing a great job. But reads are so
> slow ! I will do another test with readahead enabled to see the
> difference, hoping bonnie will survive it.

Well, no luck. Adding the readahead translator made bonnie hang at the
same moment :

# bonnie -d /test -u user
Using uid:1000, gid:1000.
Writing with putc()...done
Writing intelligently...done
Rewriting...

And nothing more : load average dropped at 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, so I guess
bonnie is waiting for something that will never come...

Client log says nothing except the attachment to remote volumes.
Server log says nothing except initial client connections.